Reduce Risks and Simplify Record-Keeping by Requiring the O.R. Protocol Course
Like it or not, once an industry rep enters your O.R., he or she is an adjunct member of the surgical team. Whether simply observing or providing information on the safe use of a product, it is critical that a rep understands appropriate operating room protocol so that patient safety is not compromised. While the rep’s employer should be responsible for this training, it is ultimately your responsibility to ensure that your vendor program is compliant with The Joint Commission guidelines and supports patient safety. HealthStream and the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) have partnered to develop and distribute AORN O.R. Protocol, an online course for reps that is considered the ‘gold standard’ for vendor training. To make sure all of the reps entering your hospital know how to keep your O.R. secure require the AORN O.R. Protocol course.
Benefits Become a Credentialed Professional
Eliminate Paperwork and Simplify Record-keeping
- Documents that reps have been properly trained in accordance with The Joint Commission guidelines
- AORN and HealthStream maintain all rep training records
- Over 10,000 reps nationwide have completed the course
- Based on AORN’s guidance statement on “The Role of the Health Care Industry Representative in the Perioperative Setting”
- Reps must pass a comprehensive test to demonstrate understanding of O.R. protocol
- Easy for suppliers to implement
“The AORN O.R. Protocol course is the premier course for educating reps on patient privacy, aseptic practices in the O.R., and the general roles and responsibilities of the rep in a hospital. Hospitals should require all reps to take this course.”
- Jean Kunkle, RN, BSBM - AORN
Please click here to request more information now.
Require the AORN O.R. Protocol Course. Ask your rep to show you this wallet-sized card, which is provided by AORN and HealthStream upon completion of the AORN O.R. Protocol course.