American Heart Association
Building Healthier Lives, Free of Cardiovascular Disease and Stroke
HealthStream offers a comprehensive portfolio of online courses from the American Heart Association (AHA), the universally trusted and recognized world leader in emergency cardiovascular care resources. Whether your employees are updating their professional skills, or being introduced to emergency cardiovascular response training for the first time, HealthStream provides AHA courseware to help you effectively achieve your training objectives.
Many online courses from AHA use a blended learning approach.
Students learn cognitive skills through web‐based, self‐paced modules then practice and test the skills they have learned with a Voice Assisted Manikin (VAM), American Heart Association Instructor or Heartsaver® Skills Evaluator.
- Improve patient outcomes, prevention efforts, and education effectiveness
- Save time by completing courses faster than classroom-based courses and eliminate the wait for scheduled class times
- Reduce costs by freeing up limited instructor and classroom resources and decreasing textbook expenses
- Interactive, self-paced courses vetted by AHA scientists and educators
- Courses are regularly updated and improved, using the latest AHA Guidelines for ECC and CPR
- AHA science drives course content
- Comprehensive course materials are of the highest content quality
- Courses are designed using extensive research and educational testing to improve critical skill mastery and skill retention
- Receive instant, objective feedback and evaluation of skills with the use of voice-assisted manikins (HeartCode BLS and ACLS only).
Click on the links below to learn more about the courses offered in the following categories.
CPR and First Aid for Non-Clinical Staff (Heartsaver®)
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Debriefing Training for Instructors