Essentials of Critical Care Orientation
Orient Nurses Faster and More Consistently With a Complete Evidence-Based Online Program
Essentials of Critical Care Orientation (ECCO®) from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN®) provides novice nurses the theoretical foundation to effectively care for patients. Each of the nine modules begins with an anatomy review, progresses to medical problems in each area, and continues to treatments and after-care. With this program, your organization will have the flexibility to orient nurses whenever hiring needs dictate and employee competence will be improved because educators can spend more time on applied training. By implementing ECCO as a key component of orientation programs, educators can launch standardized training on their schedule with confidence.
- Increase Consistency
- Evidence-based, standardized education directly from AACN
- Content that is continually reviewed and updated
- Increase Flexibility in Hiring
- Orient nurses on an as-needed basis
- Integrate ECCO as a powerful adjunct to classroom and preceptor learning activities
- Improve Employee Competence
- Provide educators more time for applied learning with trainees
“With ECCO, we can offer a structured orientation into critical care that is written to national standards. The online format gives us more flexibility to hire nurses whenever they are needed instead of waiting to hire on a fixed schedule.” - Julia Garrison, RN, MSN, CCRN, PCCN-CMC, Director, Critical Care Fellowship, The Christ Hospital
ECCO features compelling graphics and animation to explain topics that are difficult to teach in a live setting alone.
Easy to use format accommodates various learning styles.