This blog post is part of our ongoing TALENT TUESDAYS weekly series focused on how to improve talent management at healthcare organizations. This is the concluding summary excerpt from our Industry Perspective paper, 7 WAYS TO EASE THE PAIN OF HEALTHCARE HIRING.
Healthcare hiring is hard, but it doesn’t have to be. Even with the influx of competition, compliance, and complexities surrounding the healthcare industry, there are an equal number of strategies to help reduce your recruiting costs. By utilizing both the direct and indirect recruiting methods shared in this report, you can develop new ways to improve your quality of hire while reducing your cost per hire.
In summary, the seven ways to reduce costs include:
1. Define Your Target Candidate Profile- Outline a profile of your target candidate to put you in front of the professionals you really want to hire and to save time, money, and resources.
2. Always Be Recruiting- To maintain efficient recruiting, you must understand the emerging needs and priorities of your organization and build a system to stay in contact with qualified candidates.
3. Delegate and Automate- Streamline and automate parts of your recruiting processes by using the right systems.
4. Build Your Employer Brand- Create a clear branding message to eliminate a large portion of unqualified candidates from applying while also attracting better quality ones.
5. Get Social- Go beyond just posting on job boards and actively use social media to engage with and recruit potential candidates.
6. Leverage Your Data and Dollars- Know your salary numbers and the market in order to pay new hires appropriately.
7. Improve Retention and Internal Referrals- Create an employee referral incentive program and make retention of existing employees part of your recruitment plan.
Take some time to review these seven ideas and complete an honest assessment of your organization. Where is the easiest place to start? What do we need the most help with? Do we have the people, processes, and technology in place to execute our plan? Answering these questions will help you create a strategy that will dramatically reduce your healthcare hiring costs.
HealthStream’s learning management system and comprehensive suite of competency management tools empower your healthcare workforce to deliver the best patient care.View All Learning & Performance
When you enact HealthStream's quality compliance solutions, you can do so with the confidence your healthcare organization will meet all standards of care.View All Quality & Compliance
Fulfill compliance requirements with a variety of programs and courseware designed to address critical regulatory requirements as well as educate staff to recognize and mitigate risks.View All Products
HealthStream offers professional training and education on how to best optimize your reimbursement process within your healthcare organization.View All Reimbursement
Improve the preparedness of your staff, increase survival rates, and cut costs with the advanced resuscitation training services from HealthStream.View All Resuscitation
Expand the decision-making skills and effectiveness of your healthcare workforce with HealthStream's clinical development programs and services.View All Clinical Development
Delivers everything you need to request, gather, and validate information about a provider to create a single source of truth for downstream processes.View All Credentialing
Make sure your healthcare staff can schedule out appointments and work schedules with ease using HealthStream's line of software solutions.View All Scheduling & Capacity Management